You can sign in to your Shop account using passkeys as an alternative to SMS or email verification. Passkeys let you use face or fingerprint recognition, or a PIN to quickly and securely sign you in to Shop. You can use your Shop passkey when you do the following:
- log in to Shop using a web browser
- check out using Shop Pay
- follow an online store on Shop
- sign up for email marketing
- log in to your customer account
To set up a passkey, you need to have a verified Shop Pay account. Learn more about setting up Shop Pay. You can set up a passkey in the Shop app, as well as on a web browser on shop.app.
Create a passkey for Shop in the Shop app
From the Account tab in the Shop app, tap the Settings icon.
Tap the + icon.
On the Add a passkey screen, tap Continue.
On the Sign in dialog, tap Continue to set up a passkey.
Follow the prompts to verify your identity on your device.
After you verify your identity, a message appears on the Account tab to confirm that your passkey has been added.
Create a passkey for Shop using a web browser
- Log in to Shop using a web browser.
- In the Confirm it's you section, verify your account by SMS or email.
- In the Login & security section, under Passkeys, click Add.
- On the Add a passkey dialog, click Continue.
- On the Create a passkey for shopify.com dialog, click Continue.
- Follow the prompts to verify your identity on your browser.
After you verify your identity, you're directed back to your account, and a message appears that your passkey has been added.