After your first payment, Shop Pay automatically charges your method of payment for installment payments going forward, either bi-weekly, or monthly.
Change your automatic payment (autopay) method for an existing Shop Pay Installments order
You can change your automatic payment method on a Shop Pay Installments order while it's in repayment. However, you can't use Capital One cards or prepaid debit cards as a payment method. If you've opted into monthly payments, then you can only pay with a debit card.
Going forward, the new payment method will be used for payments on this order. If you want to update your payment method or multiple Shop Pay Installments orders, then you need to change your automatic payment method for each order.
Change your automatic payment method in the Shop app
- From the Home tab in the Shop app, tap the order that you want to change the payment method for.
- Tap View Installments, and then tap Manage.
- Select the new payment method that you want to use. If you need to add a new payment method, then tap Add card, and complete the required fields.
Change your automatic payment method on a web browser
- Sign into your Shop Pay account.
- In the overflow menu in the top right corner, click Orders.
- Select the order that you want to update your payment method for.
- In the Automatic payments section, click Edit.
- Select a payment method from the drop-down menu, or use a different card.
- Click Update.
- Click Continue.